• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stupid units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey, I have one problem with using a trigger called
"Unit - Issue order Targeting a point"
I want unit to go by the road. Problem is that the path isn't straight (it's zig zag), so I need more regions and multiple use of this trigger. The unit has to be neutral - passive. The unit stops sometimes or just turn in half way and goes back. Idk what to do with it. Can someone advice me?
My trigger is:
TriggerAB
"A unit enters region A"
"Triggering unis is Unit"
"Order unit to move to region B"
TriggerBC
"A unit enters region B"
"Triggering unis is Unit"
"Order unit to move to region C"

etc.

Level 25
If I understand the problem correctly, then the answer to the zig-zag problem is that the problem is not with the trigger but with WC3's pathing system.
Computer controlled units by default return to the point they ran away from (or if they run too far away from the point). You could try to manually stop the unit once it reaches some destination. Also, I believe you need to increase the size for some constants in Gameplay Constants window in World Editor. I think Neutral Creep camps or something.

Level 31
As Nichilus said. Go to gameplay constants and set Creep - Guard values to very high, this way units will not go back, never going back even if you are being chased by hostile one. So this got nothing to do with triggers, because these units are forced to go back due to those values.

Level 10
Ah thanks, guys :) I have a quite similar question - when I have one player controlling another player (fully), units of the controled player are coming back too. Can I change it somehow in gameplay constants too?

Status
Not open for further replies.