• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells n' Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, I'm trying to make some spells for a custom map, but have no idea where to go with these ideas.

Idea 1: A spell which deals increasing damage over time before culminating in a final burst.

Idea 2: A spell which deals damage instantly and leaves a buff increasing damage taken.

Idea 3: I've already got this one, but I need trigger help. The Hero casts Ascendance and I want him to use the Firelord model for the duration of the spell (which I based off of Avatar).

Thanks in advance.

Level 23
Idea 1: A spell which deals increasing damage over time before culminating in a final burst.

Upon casting you set the value of the initial damage per tick as a variable.
Have a periodic trigger that deals damage and increases the value of the variable by the amount you want.

Idea 2: A spell which deals damage instantly and leaves a buff increasing damage taken.

Tbh, you can get any ability with a buff and trigger it to do deal damage on cast.
If you want to amplify damage you could either use a Damage Detection system or you could use a dummy spiked carapace to amplify damage.

Idea 3: I've already got this one, but I need trigger help. The Hero casts Ascendance and I want him to use the Firelord model for the duration of the spell (which I based off of Avatar).

Use a transformation ability. The alternate form can carry all the stat bonuses you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.