• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello Hive!
I made an ability where you can choose 4 different passive abilities. The ability is based from spellbook ability but it only chooses unit abilities. How can I make the spellbook have hero abilities inside of it?

Hope someone can answer me.

Level 18
Umm, I'm not sure what's the difference?
Anyway, you can try using boolean.
When your hero learns unit ability from spellbook, then set the boolean to true.
Now you can refer to that boolean; if it's true, the spell was learned. It it's false, then it's selected?

Level 19
The spells in the spell book is just dummy spells. When you select the spell book you can choose 4 spells. Take not that the spell book has 3 levels. If a spell is selected inside the spell book then using triggers I should replace the dummy spell with the real spell. The real spell's level is also the same with the level of the spell book. You can also reselect another passive ability but limited to one passive ability only.

Status
Not open for further replies.