• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Some World Edit Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I'm somewhat new to map making, I know most triggers and have a handful of unfinished maps from several years ago.

As of recently I've decided to actually finish a map. So I began working on my map "Fastcraft" spent a hell of a lot of time on the pathing, for it is a melee map 256/256, with the concept of instant build time. Few triggers, lots of custom units. So it begins coming up with fatal errors. So after some research I begin deleting all of the custom units, triggers, and imports. Thus it works, but as soon as I start modifying things again it would display Fatal Errors again so finally I just gave up on it.

Then I began working on my map "Octagon TD" after about 20 hours of work, for no reason what so ever one day it wouldn't open in Warcraft III, when I would try to open it in the editor it displays the error "-Level info data missing or invalid." So I looked under test maps and it wasn't there, restored my computer to an earlier date and it didn't work.

So it's some crap, so much time just wasn't, not sure if anyone has anyway to fix these maps but I'll put links for download.
Otherwise it seems like such a waste of time, Warcraft III is ruled by Bots spamming games anyways, people only play a small handful of maps anything else doesn't fill. I tried Garena but its the same way there too.

I might as well just go back to playing Minecraft or K'nex, fuck Minecraft.

Attachments

• Fastcraft_v1.1(Melee).w3x
    507.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Jack Black TD.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
1.I tried your fastcraft. I load it normally in world editor and can run it in game. Yes' it loaded in the ditor slow, but still loaded it. Maybe it's your computer? maybe it's not fast enough or you don't have some driver or runtime software or your world editor is corrupted somehow.
2.About your jack black TD, i also got the error 'level info data missing'. Maybe some imported file is causing you problem. You can try to remove it by opening your map with some MPQ editor and manually removing it.

Level 3
Ty for the help, I'll try Fastcraft on another computer.

For Octagon TD though, the only imported files are mp3 files and I imported those when I first started working on it, way before the error. I was working on moving regions to randomly spawned way points with variables on Tuesday night, and Wednesday morning it didn't work.
The only other thing I can think of is my computer shuts off the very second the charger becomes detached, and I know that happened shortly after I saved the map.

Level 3
So I recently tried laning Fastcraft, and without using my computer and it still came up with a Fatal Error about 20 minutes in.
It seems when it does error there's about a 20% chance to do it while loading, if not it will just crash during play randomly.

BTW, i don't think it's my computer anyway because it plays any other map fine.
Unless my World Editor is corrupt.

Level 17
So I recently tried laning Fastcraft, and without using my computer and it still came up with a Fatal Error about 20 minutes in.
It seems when it does error there's about a 20% chance to do it while loading, if not it will just crash during play randomly.

BTW, i don't think it's my computer anyway because it plays any other map fine.
Unless my World Editor is corrupt.

if i remind i dont know what but few think could make fatal error but btw also WE could screw the map if u often open a map do minor changes then open another without saveing 1st then open another and open back the 1st etc

with me more times happened the data disappered (like custom abilities, imported files size became 0 kb etc)

Level 26
Your "melee" crashes when spawning starting units for night elf. You altered the abilities of the Entangled Mine, so the Tree of Life probably fails the entangling.

The other map is broken, does not contain data anymore. Here we advised people countless times to make backups and use JNGP.

Level 3
Ty for the help WaterKnight, Gave the Entangled Gold Mine the Entangled Gold Mine ability and it doesn't crash when picking Night Elf now.
As for Octagon TD I guess I will have to remake it if there's no way to fix it, not sure if I'll ever get the motivation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.