• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skipping cinematic isn't working? :S (I post code)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to skip a cinematic but it doesn't do anything, the game is still playing sounds and the square of the characters (for example the main hero) doesnt show anything.

• Skip cinematic
    • Events
      • Jugador - Jugador 10 (azul claro) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Remove Movie <gen> from the trigger queue
      • Secuencia cinematográfica - Fundido de salida over 1.00 seconds using texture Máscara negra and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Secuencia cinematográfica - Fundido de entrada over 1.00 seconds using texture Máscara negra and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Camera - Aplicar Start <gen> for Jugador 10 (azul claro) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Hechicera 0010 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Hechicera 0009 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Hechicera 0015 <gen> from the game
      • Unit - Remove Hechicera 0014 <gen> from the game
      • Grupo de Unit - Pick every unit in (Units in Region Remove <gen>) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
      • Select - Select PaladÃ*n 0016 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Skip cinematic <gen>
Sorry if it is in spanish, is my main language :/. And for the errors i dont know what happens :S. I hope you understand the trigger. The "Remove characters" is some things that i use in the cinematic, doesn't mean anything for the skip xD

Edit: i'll try to edit the post to translate to english.

Level 25
Set a boolean "Intro1Skipped = false"

Create a new trigger:
  • intro skip
    • Events
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set IntroSkipped = True
      • Trigger - Run intro done <gen> (checking conditions)
In your original cinematic, where you play sounds etc, do this:
  • intro cinematic
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Turning on the skip trigger --------
      • Trigger - Turn on intro skip <gen>
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 10 (Light Blue) over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Black Wall Swordsman 0047 <gen> named (Name of Black Wall Swordsman 0047 <gen>): Play No sound and display Bla bla bla. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 10 (Light Blue) over 3.00 seconds
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Black Wall Swordsman 0047 <gen> named (Name of Black Wall Swordsman 0047 <gen>): Play No sound and display bleb bleb bleb. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Trigger - Run intro done <gen> (checking conditions)
  • intro done
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((This trigger) is on) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • -------- I do turn off the skip trigger here --------
      • Trigger - Turn off intro skip <gen>
      • Unit - Remove Black Wall Swordsman 0047 <gen> from the game
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
So both the skip cinematic and the normal cinematic will run the "intro done" trigger, in which you can remove units, etc.

Also if you can, set your warcraft version to english. It's going to help you a lot if you're going to continue asking for help here as you can copy triggers easier and your map is supposed to be in english if you're going to upload it as well.

Level 4
What type of variable is IntroSkipped?

* Yeah i know... i should have the warcraft on english but.. i prefer to only have the world editor on english and the warcraft in my language but.. xD. I think its impossible. I'm first creating a map for only my friends to practice and maybe in the future i upload a map here.

Level 25
"Set a boolean "Intro1Skipped = false" :) Hence it's a boolean.

About the english language in the editor, actually in the .mpq called War3xLocal.mpq, there is a file UI\WorldEditStrings.txt.

I'll see if I can replace it for ya when I come home.

Level 4
I dont understand you with the boolean, sorry, im noob on editing map, i started some days ago... if you could explain me with a mini tutorial.. D:

Level 4
Ok I did the variable and the "Intro skip" trigger. But now im a bit lost, in the "Condition: this trigger is on equal to true" I haven't found that on the condition list. And I can't copy and paste your trigger in my game, so I think it will be better if my world editor is english so I can copy and paste your trigger. Do you know how I can do that without changing the language of my main game? I can open the mpq file with an editor I have but I need your support to do what you say :p

Level 4
I don't think you need to use Condition - ((This trigger) is on) Equal to True. It should work the same way without having the condition. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Boolean is something that's verdadero/falso. It's set to falso by default (you can change that). You use the condition with boolean comparison to check if the boolean you created called IntroSkipped is verdadero. If it is you skip all remaining actions from the cinematic sequence in your cinematic trigger and run a different trigger that prepares everything the way it should be after the cinematic sequence and also turns off the cinematic mode.

When using the condition If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing) with the boolean variable IntroSkipped, you need to copy-paste it after every wait action and unit transmission so the player can skip the cinematic from any part of the sequence.

Also to do the If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing) use If / Then / Else which is found under the General action type. Click on the red Condition text and then select boolean comparison (it's actually selected by default), then click on the first blue text, click on variable and select IntroSkipped from the list, click OK, now it should say IntroSkipped Equal to True. Click OK. Now click the first red Action text and select Skip Remaining Actions, click OK, click the second Action text, select Do Nothing, click OK, click OK again and you should have the same condition that you see in LordDz's post.

EDIT

Also I forgot to mention that for every cinematic you should use a different boolean variable. For example if you're doing a victory cinematic at the end of your mission you should make a boolean variable and name it VictorySkipped (it can be anything you like). Then in the cinematic trigger use If (VictorySkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing). Another thing, make your triggers that have events with Jugador - Jugador 10 (azul claro) skips a cinematic sequence initially off. To do this click the trigger and above the trigger comment place there are 2 small boxes one that says Enabled and another one that says Initially On. Uncheck the Initially On box. Now in every cinematic use Trigger - Turn on <trigger name> where trigger name is the trigger with the Jugador - Jugador 10 (azul claro) skips a cinematic sequence. For every cinematic you need to use a different initially off trigger with the event Jugador - Jugador 10 (azul claro) skips a cinematic sequence so if you're doing it for the Intro then after turning on cinematic mode use Trigger - Turn on Intro Done <gen> otherwise if all triggers with Jugador - Jugador 10 (azul claro) skips a cinematic sequence are on, all the booleans for the cinematics will be set to true (verdadero) and everything is going to mess up.

Last edited:
Level 1
If you want to check, how it look, follow this instruction:

1. Try "campaign editor" and load DemoCampaign.
2. Open the first map of this campaign.
3. Go to map triggers.
4. Go to the folder "Intro Cinematic", there are triggers "Intro Cinematic Q" and "intro Skipped".
5. There you can see, how look this trigger.

Level 4
Ok I've seen the demo map but ... guys.. I'm still lost :S

• Trigger - Turn on intro skip <gen>
???

In my game it only appears Turn on "this trigger" and variables, and I've seen the demo map and there isn't a variable with the trigger category and in the triggers also not...

Level 25
Domcho, the reason I have " Condition - ((This trigger) is on) Equal to True" is because I'm using Trigger - Run intro done <gen> (checking conditions) in both the skip trigger and the normal cinematic.

The condition is there so the Intro Done only runs once, not twice. You can still run a trigger that is turned off if you do not have that condition.

Here is a map for a campaign I'm creating, it's not in the campaign folder that's why there is snow instead of the tile used in the campaign.
Check the Intro folder in the trigger section and you should get a hang of it.

Attachments

• the_great_raid.w3x
    246.3 KB · Views: 30
Level 4
I can't open your maps, it appears trigger errors to me :S maybe i dont have some you have installed.

Can you explain me what i said on last post? i dont understand it T_T

Level 4
Ok i updated Frozen Throne, I have seen your map, but i still can't understand it, its the same question i put above, i still can't understand "Trigger: turn on X" (In my map i can only put "this trigger" not any trigger)

I saw in your map that it's a variable, but in the trigger Intro Raiders Move, it doesn't appear any variable on it ._.

Level 25
The IntroSkipped is default to be false, that's why I don't set it to a value, because it alread is set to false.

Trigger Turn on: click on the blue (This Trigger), in the variable box that is at the top of the window that pops up, there you can select which triggers to turn on.

Level 4
Thanks, now it works. I didn't understand that "intro skip" was a variable for "Intro: turn on intro skip". Glad your help to all that posted on this thread.

:goblin_good_job:

+Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.