• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I don't know for sure but it may mean the width of the ability at the end of the shockwave ^^

Level 24
I think so too.
I suppose that Area of Effect is the starting width and Final area is the ending width. Distance seems obvious.

With these 3 you can define how much the shockwave is increasing/decreasing its width.
The regular shockwave is not increasing or decreasing so it is not very exciting.
Carrison Swarm however uses the same ability-base-type but is increasing to 3 times the starting width.

(Still a guess. Never tried this.)

Level 4
I can confirm, Carrion Swarm works that way. The model also expands sidewards so it matches the width.

no :C it doesn't expands
EDIT: but aside from that this is a much better way for line damage than Shockwave since it leaks due to the terrain deformation (ye, i know, totally unrelated comment in an old post but #YOLO)

Status
Not open for further replies.