• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots {how do you take screenshots and save them?}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
IrfanView is another option.

There are some people who have problems with Warcraft's regular way of taking screenshots, since they turn out to be 3 MB completely black .tga images. In that case, FRAPS is the way to go. Or you can use Paint and paste, but it's way more painful, and I don't think that allows you to take more than one screenshot at a time (due to having to paste).

Level 21
Or you can use Paint and paste, but it's way more painful, and I don't think that allows you to take more than one screenshot at a time (due to having to paste).
Even if you could take more than one ss at a time, it wouldn't look good because you'll still see "Screenshot saved" on the screen for a while...

IMO gimp or photoshop are the way to go. With fraps you can only take ss's, with image editing software you can actually edit them or convert them.

Level 34
And this "Gimp" won't be able to solve my problem?

It does.

I don't mean to be rude but is it so hard to understand that you got multiple programs to open (and convert) screenshots with?

YOU GOT, I only repeat this once:
- Paint, simple but not handy with multiple screenshots.
- Gimp, can open, convert, save etc. it.
- Photoshop, same thing as Gimp.
- FRAPS, I personally don't know how you can use this programs for SS, but who cares - it works.
- Any other artprogram.

Status
Not open for further replies.