• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

reducing model or texture size teach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
In ChaosRealm, the models they use has A LOT OF unimportant Things but the model you have probably hasn't.

Anyways, you can remove the parts you don't need, animations, Animation Keyframes, Some Geosets (am I right on this one? LoL XD)

I remember andreariona had a tutorial on her (maybe?) webpage.

Level 16
Compress your files in your map to reduce the map size. Compression is a method used to usually decrease
the quality and file size of a file. Your map can be compressed and the files (imports) inside your map can
also be compressed.

There is not much you can do to compress model files.

Level 16
Open your BLP file:

Compression.jpg

You can see what compression setting has been applied to the BLP file (I've circled it). If you further compress the file, the filesize will lower. You will need to save a copy of this file.

Select File - Save As

Compression%202.jpg

Here you save a new file.
1.) Set the name.
2.) Set the file type to BLP1
3.) Enter your compression value. Lower means lower file size but also poorer quality. You can put this as low as 25%-30% for most units. For any large units or doodads, maybe use 40% or so.
4.) Enjoy

Level 6
ohh so just open any blp then save file as
then enter quality then click ok
finished?
that time im not save file as, but blp batch on the tools tab

btw is there any great tools to compress size any other than mdx squisher
i feel mdx squisher only decreases very small kb

Level 16
ohh so just open any blp then save file as
then enter quality then click ok
finished?

Yes.

Note: Careful not to lose the original file. Once something is compressed, the quality is lost forever. You cannot decompress textures.

that time im not save file as, but blp batch on the tools tab

You can use the Batch processor (not BLP batch Optimizer) to quickly save copies of a group of files. Click "File Format Options" to enter you compression setting. This saves time, but I don't normally batch process. I like to manually set the compression ratio for each individual file to make sure everything is as small as it can be and nothing important is over compressed.

Up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.