• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys :as: I hope there won't be a problem if I will create a thread like this. There I'd like to ask a lot questions and a lot more in time because I can't find answers anywhere and I need info so badly. :ao:

P.S. Sorry if my english skills aren't good enough. If you don't understand what I want to ask than I'll definitely try to explain it. :as:

Level 2
1. Spell/Skill/Ability Level

Is there any way how to increase hero ability level? :ash: For example Hero has a firebolt ability, which can be upgraded in 3 levels. Is it possible to make this ability level 5? :as:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Yes, if object editor data related to that spell has been set properly to allow it to have 5 lvls. Then, you can play with this one i.e you can restrict your hero to lvl up only 3 lvls of given spell, leaving the rest to be obtainable only via triggers. You could work with Tinker's upgrage ability. You could also trigger whole process, so the learnt ability is replaced by another one (to avoid the spells icon in skill button menu).

Manipulate spell' lvl via Inc/Dec ability lvl functions or SetUnitAbilityLevel.

Level 2
More than 5 skills/spells/abilities?

Is it possible to make hero have more than 5 skills? But without spellbook or something like that. Is there a way to add 3 more abilities in red cross button for example as buff skills? :as: Or do I have to add item in hero inventory which would have an ability in order to have buff effects? :as:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
As far as I know, it is not. It's best to work with spellbooks, there are few tutorials available for spellbooks which should help you with understanding the basic. There is also one or two strictly related to "hero learning systems".
You can find them here, on hive, in Tutorials Section or at thehelper site. Just use google for that :)

Level 7
You can at least remove the Attack Button.

Also you could change the partrol buttons, etc to abilities somewhat. There's a trick I believe. But you can't remove them.

Buildings don't have those buttons.

And does right clicking the enemy work if attack button is removed? If so then that would be good.

Level 2
Camera rotation buttons

Is there anyway to change "delete" and "insert" camera rotation buttons with editor? Is there is any possibility to change keybinding? :as:

Level 2
No, it's not that what I want. I want to change camera rotation butons: "delete" and "insert". when I press button "o" camera turns left and when I press button "p" it turns right... well, something like that. :as: what you've showed to me was a custom keys for skills, upgrades and all other stuff like that. :as:

Level 2
That would be really useful, but... there always is but, huh? :D if I'll do that, I always have to remap my keyboard when ending game, that would be annoying, but really thank you :ag: I just got another idea instead. :ain:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

sure, just make a new variable (while you're in the trigger editor, press Ctrl + B, then Ctrl + N to make new variable) change the type to trigger and name it whatever you like, e.g. myTrigger.

alternatively you can use gui's own trigger selection interface to manually set the trigger which appears when you need a trigger for a function

then turn it off on via for example chat command. then on via other command

or you can make 2 new abilities for command card (make sure they have separate order strings) and see when ability is started via trigger editor, then activate/disable your trigger according to which ability it is

Level 2
Bannar>>> SharpCraft? Never heard of that o_O

jondrean>>> Damn, it sounds really hard for me, but I'll try that for sure, thanks ;)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just say if you need example triggers

Level 2

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'd apreciate examples ;) because still I'm not a pro triggerer :D
Sorry for the delay I was away from my PC (sadly lol)

• My Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing disable as An exact match
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing enable as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Entered chat string) Equal to enable
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Trigger I Want To Toggle <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off Trigger I Want To Toggle <gen>
Or, with spells as buttons:
  • My Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Turn On
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Turn off
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Turn On
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Trigger I Want To Toggle <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off Trigger I Want To Toggle <gen>
You can also make the trigger as variable, press (while in trigger editor) Ctrl B, then Ctrl N, name it as something you can identify, and make its type trigger.
Then somewhere assign it to your trigger, melee initialization trigger for example.

Level 2
I don't understand first trigger example's condition. "(Entered chat string)" is it a variable? If it's than what exactly it is? And is there any variables I should see? :)

P.S. I told you I'm not as good at trigerring, at least for now, still have a lot to learn... :)

Level 2
Sorry, no need that anymore, already found what it is. And it worked! What I wanted worked perfectly i guess. Thank you very much ;)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Sorry, no need that anymore, already found what it is. And it worked! What I wanted worked perfectly i guess. Thank you very much ;)
no problem mate! just keep messing with the trigger editor and you can get really good !

Status
Not open for further replies.