• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question about TRIGSTR names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
> IIRC, on the war3map.wts file

Nah, that's where gameplay constants/custom abilities/player forces and such are modified here. You're looking for war3map.j, with all triggers TRIGSTRs there.

Level 23
you can easily. If you open your .j file, or convert the gui trigger into jass trigger in the editor, you see all those TRIGSTR_XXX, where XXX is number.

Now you open your map with your favorite mpq editor/viewer, and you open the .wts file.

The contents are like this:

STRING X
{
string-contents
}

Now the X is the same as your XXX in TRIGSTR_XXX, so you can see and/or edit the contents in there.

No there is no way to edit these without editing the wts file, because that is the file that the game loads for the trigstr things, as well as others(custom unit names etc)

Level 22
you can easily. If you open your .j file, or convert the gui trigger into jass trigger in the editor, you see all those TRIGSTR_XXX, where XXX is number.

Now you open your map with your favorite mpq editor/viewer, and you open the .wts file.

The contents are like this:

STRING X
{
string-contents
}

Now the X is the same as your XXX in TRIGSTR_XXX, so you can see and/or edit the contents in there.

No there is no way to edit these without editing the wts file, because that is the file that the game loads for the trigstr things, as well as others(custom unit names etc)

So if I made a GUI game text message display and converted it to JASS, the only way to edit the text is to create a new GUI text message and convert it to jass to see its string number in the wts file.
Does the last unmodified TRGSTR still in the wts file even though it is no longer used? If yes, then memory is wasted.

Level 22
You can go test it, try making a map and using a string on GUI and save the map then extract the wts. Rinse, repeat but this time change the text and then extract the wts file and then compare.

Level 22
you kind of already answered yourself

What I mean is creating my own wts file and telling the map to use that created wts file and not the already pre-made wts file by World edit.

Because if it happens that the previous TRGSTR strings are not deleted even they are not used, then I wasted a few memory. Im just looking for a solution if that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.