• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Probably a very old question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
8782afccb2ac89b10fb1975bea9bbd6a.png

and then just base the spell of heal.

Level 13
Alright, for those of you who are not aware, I found a much simpler way to do this.

There is a creep ability "parasite". Copy that, change the damage per tick to 4, change the movement speed to -0.75 (shift+double click to set a negative value), set the allowed targets to ground, air, and organic, and reduce the number of voidwalker summons to 0. Then, of course, change all the icon/tooltips/mana cost/etc to match unholy frenzy. This is already an auto-cast ability, so it's as simple as that.

Note: It was not a typo to adjust the movement speed. I guess it's a bug, but movement speed affects attack speed and attack speed affects movements speed..

Level 25
Use an ability that is already autocast, then create a trigger that detects if that ability is cast, then create a dummy that casts unholy frenzy on the unit.

Make sure the dummy abillity and the frenzy ability have the same buff, should prevent the dummy ability from being spammed on the same unit yes?

Level 14
^i need it to players also

btw, parasite doesn't damage ethereal units

The AI refers to the casting behavior as directed by the game. Player units that aren't micromanaged will cast their spells in the same situations that computer-controlled units will.

Do your ethereal units have resistant skin (Neutral Hostile2) by chance? The spirit walker in the default editor does, which may explain the immunity. Normally ethereal units take extra damage from spell & magic damage sources). If that ability isn't present, you can play around with the ethereal damage table in gameplay constants (my default map showed no damage from spell sources while the game normally allows it).

//\\oo//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.