• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to make the red dragon model use the spell animation for attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
So, the red dragon model has the Spell Slam animation that looks like he's biting someone. I'd like to use that animation instead of the usual attack animation for the normal attacks because I'm trying to make a dragon unit that can only attack melee in air. Is it possible to do this?

Level 8
Yes, there are several ways. As I recall, one is to use the Lightning Attack ability. You can set the animation for that to Spell and then remove the actual lightning animation and so on.

In general, any ability like Lightning Attack, Pulverize, etc. can be used for that but Lightning Attack is the general go to one since it doesn't do much else.

Edit: testing this out again, I couldn't get Lightning Attack or Pulverize to play spell animations, just different attack animations. There are still several possible solutions, one of which is using the model editor to rename the red dragon's animations (e.g. rename its spell slam to attack and its current attack to something else).

Status
Not open for further replies.