• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
To make a special effect attach at the weapon of the hero when he critstrike ? Example: I want to make Phoenix missile apear on Pandaren's weapon when he critcs. Possible ?

Level 13
I've never done it before but I think you'd have to add the pheonix model to the "Art - Caster" part of Crit in OE and then set the attachment point as "weapon". Just make sure to change the number of attachments to 1.

P.S. Set the crit chance to 100% for easy testing

hdm

hdm

Level 9
hmm, look, I tried to do this with Critical Strike. Didn't work.
Then I tried to do this with Drunken Brawler. It didn't work with Criticals, but it worked with Evasion. Whenever the target miss the effect is created. Any idea ?

Level 12
I remember I tried to do something like this while learning world editor newly, I thought the only way was coding your own critical strike(troubles...) but ILH's solution also works.

Level 13
Editing the model and adding an attack slam would definitely work. If what I said didn't work then the only way I know of changing it is for ranged units/heroes, but that is just a case of changing the "art - missile" part and then on a critical strike they fire that instead of their normal one.

You could try adding something to "Art - Special", on Pulverize that adds an effect on all the units it damages so it may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.