• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Perma Immolation and Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I searched and found another topic on this subject, but it wasn't very helpful. Is there any way to get perma immolation to burn down trees? I'd like to do this without triggers, and it seems like all I should have to do is change the allowed target to trees. But that doesn't do anything.

Level 16
Not sure, but I wrote you a trigger in case its needed.

• Burn Trees
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.33 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Immolation) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 160.00 of TempPoint and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Picked destructible))
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint2 using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Immolation\ImmolationDamage.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUnitGroup)
Edit: Fixed trigger

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Radicool that can leak locations or try to remove a null location.

You probably meant this...
  • Burn Trees
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Immolation) Equal to True))
        • Loop - Actions
          • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 160.00 of TempPoint and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint2 using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Immolation\ImmolationDamage.mdl

Level 37
Not sure, but I wrote you a trigger in case its needed.

• Burn Trees
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • Loop - Actions

If you create an object that leaks in a loop, make sure to remove it in the loop. Your way just removes the leak of the most recent iteration (unless of course the loop only picked 1 tree).

I searched and found another topic on this subject, but it wasn't very helpful. Is there any way to get perma immolation to burn down trees? I'd like to do this without triggers, and it seems like all I should have to do is change the allowed target to trees. But that doesn't do anything.

Unfortunately, the more you use the editor, the more you will start to realize that some of the Data fields you see in Object Editor don't apply to the actual object you're editing. Some of the things you see are hardcoded, thus require a trigger to actually do. Radicool's way works the way you requested, but make sure to use DSG's "fixed" version as it is leakless.

Level 3
Unfortunately, the more you use the editor, the more you will start to realize that some of the Data fields you see in Object Editor don't apply to the actual object you're editing. Some of the things you see are hardcoded, thus require a trigger to actually do. Radicool's way works the way you requested, but make sure to use DSG's "fixed" version as it is leakless.

This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks, this thread is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.