• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Object Editor: Inferno/FoP using missile models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi guys,

I would like to make my Archer Hero use the Inferno spell, with attack animation and a Searing Arrow as missile, using homing missile configurations. But what happens is my Archer does the attack animation, but no missile is done.
That goes for the Finger of Pain ability as well. No arrow missile is sent away.

Is it possible to do so? Or do I have to use a proper throw spell like Storm Bolt to do so?

Level 8
Hi,

Inferno uses a model to do its effect as well finger of pain uses a lightning model/texture effect so it has no missile which means it can't send any arrows.

You'd have to trigger/code both or use storm bolt for your arrow missile or learn how to texture and make models.

Damn it, well I figured that much, just wouldn't admit it.

Acid Bomb won't stun the unit and is therefor slightly better to use than Storm Bolt or Firebolt.

Ye, the problem was I wanted a stun tho, but only if you could hit the target with a skill shot. You know, small inferno AoE with stun. Trigger people in middle to take massive damage. People outside the range will take lesser damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.