• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Object Editor Bug - Value Resets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! I'm a new user here and I've a question. In my current Map I've encountered a problem with the Object Editor, and it's a problem I've had many times before. Past a certain point it just seems to turn buggy in that it refuses to accept the value of 0 in any form. I set it and it appears to function, but if I test the map, save or do anything of the sort it simply resets to it's default value. And in-game it acts as though it was never changed in the first place.

This bug affects everything from models (It refuses to stay at NONE), Upgrades (It resets to the Upgrade needed for the base ability, forcing me to tinker around mainly with hero abiltiies and unit abilities not requiring them) to cooldowns and mana costs.

This is especially problematic in regards to certain trigger spells, particularly those using a dummy to fire off a spell at multiple targets at once. Because it essentially becomes impossible to have an ability with no cooldown, it only affects a single unit, as opposed to all of them. This problem persists even if I copy over content from other maps.

So, I'm asking you guys and gals, what exactly is this and how do I fix it if possible? Thanks in advance!

Level 1
maybe corrupted installation. Try reinstalling wc3(backup maps and stuff so they dont get removed)

Given the number of times this has happened (at least once on every Computer I've ever had WC3 installed on) I don't think it'll work. I might do it just for the sake of trying though, thanks.

My personal belief has been that it's because of the map size, and the amount of custom variables, triggers, scripts and Objects I've inserted over the years, somehow causing it to grow unstable.

Level 1
Really? I had sorta figured that this would be a pretty common occurence, also, incase you're wondering, the map script and triggers are mostly GUI.

Level 23
GUI has actually more size than JASS (less efficiency and speed too).

JASS:
function FUNC_000_001_00C_00A takes nothing returns boolean
    if (GetUnitState(udg_myUnit, UNIT_STATE_LIFE) >= 50. then
        return true
    endif
    return false
endfunction

vs

JASS:
function SpellName_Condition takes unit u returns boolean
    return GetUnitState(u, UNIT_STATE_LIFE) >= 50.
endfunction

so no GUI takes considerable more space than handmade Jass script

Status
Not open for further replies.