• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nuke Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • Set AreaOfEffect = 200.00 // Real variable
    • Set Point1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Environment - Create Blight for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from Point1 to a radius of AreaOfEffect
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Level 12
Well, yes. Unless you want it only to be 200 units...

Change the number to what you want it to be.

Level 37
Fortunately you want the blighted area to be permanent, if you want it to be temporary then THAT'S hard, requiring save this and that

Not that difficult actually. Calculate polar points so that each 128x128 square gets a point. You can save all tile types used in a map into an array. Then you loop through the array and check the terrain type at each point and save the inxed. Then you can save the terrain variation as an integer. You can create a timed dummy at the point. When the dummy dies, load the original values for the terrain.

I'm using this kind of system in my Lich King spellpack, where terrain gets temporarily frozen around the hero.

Kind of offtopic though.

Level 33
Not that difficult actually. Calculate polar points so that each 128x128 square gets a point. You can save all tile types used in a map into an array. Then you loop through the array and check the terrain type at each point and save the inxed. Then you can save the terrain variation as an integer. You can create a timed dummy at the point. When the dummy dies, load the original values for the terrain.

I'm using this kind of system in my Lich King spellpack, where terrain gets temporarily frozen around the hero.

Kind of offtopic though.

I said it is HARDER than the permanent change of the tiles..
Not IMPOSSIBLE..

Level 37
...if you want it to be temporary then THAT'S hard, requiring save this and that

I said it is HARDER than the permanent change of the tiles..
Not IMPOSSIBLE..

You said it's hard, not harder.

I never claimed you said it's impossible.

I just explained how it can be done, just incase someone is interested.

Level 10
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • Set AreaOfEffect = 200.00 // Real variable
    • Set Point1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Environment - Create Blight for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) from Point1 to a radius of AreaOfEffect
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

okay, sry for being a noob, but i cant find the place to edit the first two actions, where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.