• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] negative item values don't seem to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
SOME things in warcraft Object Editor just don't follow the value right-off-the-bat.
Things like movement speed becomes negative does not really slow down your unit's MS.

You either have to trigger it OR use buffs (in which I prefer trigger).

Level 33
I edited my post, re-read it (for 1st item).

EDITED:
I just remembered you can use Endurance Aura (Target: Self), and make it a negative value of -0.10 (-10%) movement speed.
So, there you go, your first item.
Remember to change the tooltip and what-not for the ability, because it shows up in your Status, you can write something like "There is a prize for taking these boots..." yadda yadda.

But if you want a stackable reduction of movement speed, trigger is the way, because aura does not stack.

Level 33
I'm working on the 2nd item.
I made the ability with 15 level, at max, you will gain 15 armor and 75% magic resistance (because Hero has 25% natural magic resistance, so..).
Unless your Hero in your map has 0% natural magic resistance ?

Level 13
Here's a test map.

pretty sweet. how did you get it to work?

You seem much more skilled than people usually are, so I'll present my entire problem to you.

Basically, I'm trying to rework the Naga's Mana Shield to increase armor/magic resistance for every 200/150/120 mana remaining to her. I was going to do this with triggers, but what you given me implies there's a way to simply make a new spell that does this. How did you do it? There is nothing in the "spell book" ability object that seems to detect remaining mana, that I can find. Please teach me this magic!

Level 33
Which part you don't understand ?
The remaining mana ?
It was triggered lol, here;
  • Set TempInt = ((Integer((Mana of TempUnit))) / (Integer(AS_BaseCondition)))
Let's say you have 3000 Mana, so TempInt (ability level) would be: 3000 / 200 = 15
So, Set the level of those ability to 15, which is +15 armor and +75% magic resistance.

Almost forgot, please remove this condition;
  • (TempUnit is alive) Equal to True
Item sticks to the owner even if he dies.

Level 13
Which part you don't understand ?
The remaining mana ?
It was triggered lol, here;
  • Set TempInt = ((Integer((Mana of TempUnit))) / (Integer(AS_BaseCondition)))
Let's say you have 3000 Mana, so TempInt (ability level) would be: 3000 / 200 = 15
So, Set the level of those ability to 15, which is +15 armor and +75% magic resistance.

oh! lol. I didn't even look at the triggers..

Level 33
Well, please remove that condition I told you (post #21).

You need to look at the triggers because you must set the correct variables in the setup trigger in your map.
My Object Editor ID is not same as yours, that's why you must read the trigger, especially the setup ones.

Level 13
Well, please remove that condition I told you (post #21).

You need to look at the triggers because you must set the correct variables in the setup trigger in your map.
My Object Editor ID is not same as yours, that's why you must read the trigger, especially the setup ones.

will do. Since you seem a bit pro, I'll ask this as well: Do you have any idea how to increase the attack range for one unit?

Level 13
You're trying to make an autocast ability that can increases attack range ?
You've just answered your question, using Searing Arrow can make your attack range increase.
what? how?

What's this "hero swaps" thingy ?
oh, I thought you were suggesting that I make two of the same type of unit, but one with a higher range and then swap them out once the increased range is learned. Easy-ish for units, but for heroes, a bit more difficult..

Level 13
You do know that Searing Arrow gives you Cast Range (which is the Attack Range) ?

Actually, how do you want to increase your Attack Range on your unit ?
Via ability ?
Upgrade ?

from what I can tell, that attack range only applies to the ability itself. I want a potm to have an increased attack range if searing arrow is learned, even if it is deactivated.

Level 12
I want a potm to have an increased attack range if searing arrow is learned, even if it is deactivated.

Increasing attack range has a long tradition of trial and error. The most clean solutions currently are using upgrades for a permanent change or using a passive transformation into another unit for temporary change. I believe there also exist whole attack systems which trigger those aspects but I think thats not something you want to import to your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.