• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My map is too big (filesize-wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone!
Im working on a map and i have imported to my map some models and icons. The problem is that with all those imported models and icons my map cant be hosted, it says my map is too big. I saw some maps with lots of imported models (more than i have) and they can be hosted, they are smaller than mine. So my question is... Is there any way to do my map smaller or something like this?

Thanks

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Always check our pinned threads.

flight.gif
Sticky: »»» How to get your answer faster! »»»
I searched with keywords "Making my map smaller" and here's what I found:

Level 3
I would recommend this one: Wc3mapoptimizer 4.7c - Wc3campaigns.
I've heard of people using this before the one above. Also, the one above may already do what this one does plus more: Widgetizer - Wc3campaigns.
Something else which I have no idea about: Ultimate Map SLK Optimizer-10 seconds,Make your map Smaller And Faster - Wc3campaigns.
If your map has imported models use this: MDX Squisher - Wc3campaigns.

Other stuff:
-Destructibles/Doodads: If you have a lot of destructibles or doodads remove some. For instant, if you have clumps of tress you can remove the trees on the inside and the player won't know the difference.
-Destructibles/Doodads: increase the collision/pathing size (you may need to replace the destructables) then fewer destructables, like trees, will be needed to cover a area.
-Triggers: Although it may not help, use JASS instead of GUI. If done properly, you can reduce the amount of code, and get better speed and less leaks.

Level 3
One last note, people really don't like big maps on b.net. If its a rpg map its more understandable, but still.

Level 4
One last note, people really don't like big maps on b.net. If its a rpg map its more understandable, but still.

My map isnt big, the problem is that i have lots of imported models and icons. Im sure that people will like my map, I know what people likes, because one of the most played maps is 3rd Shinobi Wars, an AOS map, like im doing ^^
Anyway thanks by your comment :wink:

Level 4
Well technically yes it is 3.9, but has anyone tried with exactly 4 mb?

Also you may want to use the BLPalettor, it can reduce your texture/icon sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.