• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving a dummy with the caster

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
How to make the unit move as the caster moves ? Like in the skill Eye of The Storm (DotA). A dark cloud above the hero (is a dummy) is created, and wherever he(ro) moves, it is always above him.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
/\ I tried this but it won't work. I was looking at the spells section, they did it with custom script. Thx anyway everybody, I'll try do this from that spell, thought it is not approved :/

Level 22
/\ I tried this but it won't work. I was looking at the spells section, they did it with custom script. Thx anyway everybody, I'll try do this from that spell, thought it is not approved :/

You can use arrays having an index of the array corresponding to the player number of the triggering unit. For example, unit eyeStorm[1] which belongs to player 1 will be instantly moved to razor[1]. Use periodic trigger and add all eyeStorm units to a certain unit group where the periodic trigger consist of Pick every unit in eyeStormGroup.

Level 14
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of Your_Unit)
      • Unit - Move TempEffectDummy instantly to TempLoc
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc)
Something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.