• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Admittedly, I already used this solution several times.
Only it involves playing with race on ONE specific card.
Now what I want is to use the race with ALL maps in custom game mode.

Level 14
Maybe you can edit the units of a race, eg Orcs, and replace the models of the units with the models of the units you want (+adding abilities and stuff you like). It's not a good solution cause you will still have 4 races, but it remains a solution.

Level 29
Last edited:
Level 5
Thank you DESTROYER123 but I want race more, not instead of another ! I know it's possible. I play many mods where designers had to add additional races!
Thank you EagleXI, I'll try what you say.

Other opinions ????

Level 5
Thank you Daffa The Mage. That's what I've done but I have not yet been answer.
Any ideas?

Basically, Eagle XI has answered the question in the most viable way, the tools mentioned are the only ones (that I'm also aware of from my experience) that can be used to make mod injected in every Melee map.
You can also import files for every single Melee map and upload them, but that's not worth the effort and it gives too much headache.

Another thing that I'm aware is utilizing local files. This allows the whole Warcraft 3 to get injected with everything in the local folder. But this can grant Desynchronization when playing in multiplayer against someone without the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.