• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Mirror Image and Wind Walk in one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Any ideas for how to make this? I tried by myself, but couldn't make it work no matter what I tried.

Simply put, to make illusions and make the original caster invisible.

The simpler the better. No JASS, also, the only script I know is remove location.
Avoid using dummy units if possible.

Level 11
Easiest way:

1) Base your hero ability off of windwalk
2) Customize a 'Illusions' Item ability to fit the needs of your spell.
3) Make an Item of type powerup. And then give the item the Illusion spell.

Make a trigger so when the Hero casts Windwalk, give him the Illusion item. He will go invisible, use the item automatically, and it will create a mirror image.

Level 33
No need to give item to the unit as it will mess up the original items in the inventory of the unit.

Use this:
  • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(dummyUnit, 852274, targetUnit).
1) Create an ability that is based off of "Wand of Illusion" (for Dummy)
2) Give the ability to your dummy unit (Object Editor)
3) Use the script

This way, there's no need any extra item - simply clean.
For the Caster, base the spell off of Windwalk.

Level 33
Powerup does acquire you to create additional "Powerup" each time you cast the spells.
There is a debate that Powerup does not really gets cleaned from the map (you can see this if you pick the powerup, and then move your unit away from the location, there you can see a tiny version of the powerup still remains on the ground).

It can be cleaned - by using a system, Bribe has made it: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-201057/?prev=search=cleanup&d=list&r=20&t=65
But this requires an additional systems to be put inside the map whereas you can use a simple custom script for a less tedious way to achieve the same result.

Level 25
Easiest way:

1) Base your hero ability off of windwalk
2) Customize a 'Illusions' Item ability to fit the needs of your spell.
3) Make an Item of type powerup. And then give the item the Illusion spell.

Make a trigger so when the Hero casts Windwalk, give him the Illusion item. He will go invisible, use the item automatically, and it will create a mirror image.
Doesn't using items cause windwalk to stop? Or does it work if you use them fast enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.