• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Minor Edited Spell Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I made an Unholy Armor spell using Frost Armor as a base, and it works very well for the most part. The only issue I'm having is I can't seem to get rid of the slow effect it was on enemy units. Can anyone tell me how?

Level 14
Under GamePlay Constants, near the bottom, you'll find FrostAttackSpeedDecrease & FrostMoveSpeedDecrease. Setting both to zero will eliminate the slow effect you're seeing (movement, not art); however, I believe it will affect ALL frost related attacks (not necessarily spells) as well as play the cold-buff animation on the attacking unit.

You can change the buff-art used by editing the Slowed buff (under Special) via the object editor's buff tab, but the units will still be dyed blue.

You would be better off basing your spell on Inner Fire, as AYF suggested though.

//\\oo//\\

Level 9
Editing Frost armor

184257-albums7546-picture87880.jpg

184257-albums7546-picture87881.jpg

Well heres what Boris Spider said
184257-albums7546-picture87882.jpg

184257-albums7546-picture87883.jpg

Hope this can make things simpler for you happy map making

Credits: Boris Spider

Level 3
Yeah I just switched to using Inner Fire as a base. I've had another issue pop up though, and I might as well address it here instead of making a new thread.

Basically; is it possible to make Tornado cause damage to units?

Level 14
Yeah I just switched to using Inner Fire as a base. I've had another issue pop up though, and I might as well address it here instead of making a new thread.

Basically; is it possible to make Tornado cause damage to units?

Yes,

OE > Abilities tab > Neutral Passive > Building Damage Aura (Tornado)
set stats - targets allowed to include ground & structure.

//\\oo//\\

Level 3
Yup got that one working. Okay one more question; making Exorcism, but as it currently functions in WoW where it damages units regardless of their type.

Level 25
You can make your own custom exorcism spell from "Channel" ability, since the spell is instant anyway. That way you can also easily make it to deal more damage (critical hit) to undead units.

Edit: E.g. like this:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Exorcism
    • Actions
      • Set dmg = (30.00 x (Real((Level of Exorcism for (Triggering unit)))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) is Undead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set dmg = (dmg x 1.50)
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing dmg damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
This trigger deals 30* level of caster's Exorcism to the target and if it's an undead, it deals 50% more damage. It also creates Holy Light-like special effect on the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.