• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a unit un-selectable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make a unit un-selectable without adding Locust.

Here's the situation:

This unit is created at the start of a spell and dies after 8 seconds. The unit is a building and is basically a box that stops enemies from escaping it. Adding locust to it removed the pathing and allowed units to walk through it completely.

Level 20
You can:

1- Make it a building with modified path rectriction with square form. I think there are default path models with square form. If the aren't, you can make your own.

2- Trigger the movement restriction by checking the distance of the unit and the center point, if it's too high, move the unit back.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Setting selection scale to -1 works for some models.

Then, if a unit right-clicks it, order them to move to the clicked location instead of Follow. If they select it, re-select their hero or something. That's the best I can think of.

Or trigger it with Pathing Blockers, and use Locust.

Level 25
Here's the trigger:
  • Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Water Elemental (Level 1)
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit udg_TempUnit
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'Aloc', udg_TempUnit )
      • Unit - Add Chaos Blank to TempUnit
      • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'Aloc', udg_TempUnit )
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Add Chaos Water Elemental to TempUnit
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
Looks like I failed to mention earlier that you need to use two Chaos abilities, since transforming the unit into itself doesn't give the desired results.

Attachments

• UnselectableSummon.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.