• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making checkpoints in map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, let's say we are playing an rpg map. If the hero dies you lose. I wanna make several checkpoints in the map and when the hero dies a dialog shows up saying "You wanna load last checkpoint?".

In TFT Sentinels campaign, chapter 3 after Maeiv meets illidan and her warriors get trapped you have to make it to the exit before the timer expires and in case maeiv dies or the timer expires you'll restart from that checkpoint and you don't have to restart from the beginning of the chapter.

Please keep in mind that when you reach the checkpoint then load the check point i want all units to have their previous positions in the map, the same items at the same place, its like you saved the game then loaded it.

• Game - Save game as SaveFile.w3z and load <EmptyString> (Skip scores)
If your hero reaches a check point, a region. Save the game.

If your hero dies, load the last saved check point.

• Game - Load SaveFile.w3z (Skip scores)

Good. This works but the problem is that i have 9 checkpoints and every time you reach a new checkpoint it becomes the one that should be loaded and saving the game every time with the same save file name does not overwrite the save file.

Level 12
Good. This works but the problem is that i have 9 checkpoints and every time you reach a new checkpoint it becomes the one that should be loaded and saving the game every time with the same save file name does not overwrite the save file.

You could add a
  • Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
so it only does it once (if that is what you meant...)

Not sure what to do about the file names.

Status
Not open for further replies.