• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kill wisp after Ancient is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So i got Night Elfs structures to actually train/research together with attack. The downside is that wisp no longer are consumed when the structure finishes.

I tried to find a way to create a trigger and searched if someone knew a way, but i didn't find it.
I tried to find something like structure is finished and then kill the builder(in the editor)

The "Ancient" classification is what determines that the wisp will be consumed and that the structure wont attack while doing something.

Off - What editor could i use? I have the old and simple WE.

Level 3
That kills even Hunters Hall, Moon Well, etc

I will try to check if the building has specific ability and then do the action

Level 15
Event - A unit finishes construction
Condition - Boolean race of Owner of constructing unit is night elf
Action - remove / kill constructing unit

There is a stupid bug in Normal WE where Constructing = Constructed.. You can't detect the wisp however... The only thing you can do is to pick every unit from constructed unit's point within range of 300 of type Wisp ... And then kill it. Or create one in his place if you want.

Or try to store Wisp in a variable after this event (Unit - A Unit starts constructing)
And use it later.

Level 3
I think i found the solution.
Check if unit is x
remove class - ancient
add class - mech

Edit: Isn't working for upgrades of Tree of Life
Edit 2: Changed Tree of Ages and Eternity to mech(since they cant be built directly)

Why we must ask something to reach the answer ourselves? gtfo brain

Is there a way to create a huge volcano without raising the entire area?
You see, Volcano is really a great spell, and one of the three that can be used to siege a entire base, the other two work fine, the problem with Volcano is that, if you increase the AOE, the land mass will also raise.

Last edited:
I think i found the solution.
Check if unit is x
remove class - ancient
add class - mech

Edit: Isn't working for upgrades of Tree of Life
Edit 2: Changed Tree of Ages and Eternity to mech(since they cant be built directly)
Actually you do not need trigger for that, just edit all elf buildings into none-ancient and yes mechanic in Stats - Classification.

Why we must ask something to reach the answer ourselves? gtfo brain

Is there a way to create a huge volcano without raising the entire area?
You see, Volcano is really a great spell, and one of the three that can be used to siege a entire base, the other two work fine, the problem with Volcano is that, if you increase the AOE, the land mass will also raise.
There is no way to remove the effect of shockwave twisting the space even if you removed "stats - effects : Shockwave (effect)" which is the effect controlling this animation of twisting the space. you can try remove Volcano's effect but its most likely hardcoded (meanning its impossible) you can still create triggered-like volcano with Goblin Hero's Missles as the area of effect stun and using dummies that created, cast the spell and disapear once a second untill the channeling is over. Parhaps even an easier solution would be Rain of Chaos (arcamond) shaped like meteors and spawnning dummy unit that dies in 0.01 seconds. overall, its a simple spell to copy but its most likely impossible to remove the original effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.