• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] JASS Timers for GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hi all.

I would like to know if I can use custom scripts and little jass knowledge to circumvent a major problem. Here is what I mean:

In GUI I need to create Timers for every player separately because Timers with arrays cannot be put into events (why I still don't know) and because I have lots of effects from spells and items I want to trigger I am basically left with one of three choices:

- Make Timer for every effect, for every player (so 10 timer variables per effect... NICE!)
- Make integer / real variables to "act" like timers and make a "every X seconds" trigger that will increase / decrease their values
- Use JASS to create local timers

So can anyone tell me how can I make a local timer for Player X that I can later on check in condition that the timer's value is 0?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

why not?
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - asdgahasd[8] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
copied from editor

Uhh.... I'm in a lack for words..

The only explanation I have for this is that I was using some older version of the editor where this wasn't possible. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.