• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Incinerate on melee unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
So apparently if you change the targets allowed in the Incinerate spell, it stops working, for example in the map the hero can attack both ground and air units and I changed the Incinerate spell's targets allowed to both ground and air and it only worked on air.

So short story: Don't change the targets allowed.
Also download the map I made, it has fancy music and a custom spell based on Incinerate that works.
And.. Use lvl1 of the spell at first, the other levels are quite.. Overpowered.

Attachments

• DzBurningEverythingAlive.w3x
    5.9 MB · Views: 80
Level 3
Map downloads too slow, I didn't change the targets allowed, just copy pasted the spell and changed the name, also tried giving my hero the orginal spell and still it wont work :/

Level 12
It doesn't work, no idea why.
Because it can't.

Incinerate (ANic) and Incinerate Arrow (ANia) (which are both orb effects) are bugged so that custom ability versions of them won't be able to use the bonus damage per hit part. Only the area damage part can be used in a custom version.

Additionally for ANia the ability has no data fields in the Editor. All data fields similar to the ones of ANic are present though and can be edited by directly editing the ability file or the widgetized table in the MPQ.

So if you want to use the bonus damage part of melee Incinerate, you have to use the base Incinerate ability, namely ANic.

So apparently if you change the targets allowed in the Incinerate spell, it stops working,
I can't see an issue with allowed targets here. Maybe your unit was not in the target list.

Level 3
So theres no way to make Incinerate effect (+damage on every attack) work on malee unit?

@LordDz
Only the exploding part of the spell works on your hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.