• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Import model file does not show up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How to import Models file??I try import the model file but this keeps happen,the model does not show up,but just a cube figure

Attachments

• fgbfgbfbgf.jpg
    fgbfgbfbgf.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 158
Level 15
Did you save the map? Try saving the map and restarting your WE.

Else the problem may be that you did not import .blp files related to the model (if it has any).

I think some models appear black after they miss a texture file, some of them are based on textures appear as a green cube.

And yes, try to save then restart the map.

If that doesn't work, there must be something wrong with the path of file set in Object Editor (Art - Model File)... If you change the name, it will get corrupted for sure.

NOTE: Some models are originally corrupted, post the model too , maybe the issue is from the model itself, I will import it to my Editor and see if it works. If not, then of course change the model. :vw_death:

Level 25
I think some models appear black after they miss a texture file, some of them are based on textures appear as a green cube.
That's what I wrote. The texture file is the .blp file.

I don't know why when I restart the map all things are gone and back to normal...:ogre_frown:
Did you import the model, then saved the map and after that restarted WE? If you don't save your map, then it should be obvious that you will loose all unsaved data when switching off your WE.

The model you posted does not require custom .blp, so you either did try to use the model after you imported it but before you saved map, or the model is corrupted. I can't think of anything else that can go wrong (and I don't think that corrupted models show as Green/Black checkered box, but I may be wrong)

Level 4
I still can't get it :ogre_rage::ogre_rage: , may you post the test file to me for me to see? @jonhysone,the file in import editor has a 64 bites size:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 25
Correction though. D:
a. Import (correctly of course)
b. Save
c. Use/Reference

That way you skip the part of restarting and still get it to appear.
Yes, in case you do it like this first, then yes, you don't have to restart your WE. But if you do it wrong and you gotta fix it (removing the old model and reimporting it again) you gotta restart your WE. Since he has problems with it, I skipped unneeded stuff and wrote to restart it anyway :)

Level 4
It's DONE!!!I made it!!! And I try the crystal Infernal it's work hahahaa:ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_haosis::ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_datass: Thanks all for helping me:goblin_yeah:

Attachments

• fgbfgbfbgf.jpg
    fgbfgbfbgf.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 99
Level 4
I met a new problem , the model has contain 2 files, 1)is the model of the file, 2) is the model file portrait, where should i put the portrait in object editor?:ogre_rage:

Level 25
Nowhere.
The game automatically detects portrait files if they share same name as the original model but also have the _portrait suffix.
All you have to do is import the _portrait file, but you don't do anything with it afterwards.

E.g.
Case a)
BlueInfernal => this you import and you make some model use this skin
BlueInfernal_portrait => you just import it. The game detects automatically uses this _portrait model for all units using the BlueInfernal model.

However do note that if you import one file with custom folder and other not, it may not work (never really tested it, but I imagine different folders could cause problems)
E.g.
Case b)
BlueInfernal => you imported this and made some model use it.
War3Imported/BlueInfernal_portrait => this model is basically in folder War3Imported - hence in different folder than the original model so it may not be used by the BlueInfernal model.
Make both models share same folder - like in case a), or "put" both in War3Imported folder.

Remove the war3Imported\.
Import the skins to the following paths said:
CaveGoblin.blp

It is specified on the resource info when you download it from Hive.
The required "paths" for the .blp files are specified in the readme file in the zip you provided.
Also this.

Level 4
Here's the model :ogre_hurrhurr: I had tried many times but sill didn't works

My Steps:
1) Import the models and blp files
2) Double click the blp file and click the custom path
3) Save and open again the WE

But the Green Box still APPEARS

Attachments

• CaveGoblin.zip
    127.1 KB · Views: 48
Level 25
After step 2, did you change the path for the .blp file(s) from "war3imported\" to the path specified in the readme.txt that's in the .zip file? In your case, the path is simply "CaveGoblin.blp", which means you simply remove the "war3imported\".

Level 4
After step 2, did you change the path for the .blp file(s) from "war3imported\" to the path specified in the readme.txt that's in the .zip file? In your case, the path is simply "CaveGoblin.blp", which means you simply remove the "war3imported\".
I can't get your mind:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 12
I don't know how to edit

OMG.. start tiping in the box.... that is how you edit it....

1. open the "readme.txt" u have in the "cavegoblin.zip" file
2. search for a path that looks like this

"folder/folder/something/something.blp" ----> copy (ctrl+c)

open up WE get to the imported blp of cavegoblin

double click.. tick custom path... paste the path (ctrl+v)

got it? U are simply that dumb or u just can't understand english?

Status
Not open for further replies.