• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to show hidden abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
What do I change so that I can see the abilities: Move, Learn Hero Skill, Etc.

Edit: Also, why does this do absolutely nothing?
  • Custom script: set udg_SharinganMultiplier = ((GetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_Sasuke, 'A08G') + 220)/200)
    • Custom script: call SetHeroAgi(udg_Sasuke, R2I(I2R(GetHeroAgi(udg_Sasuke,true)) * (udg_SharinganMultiplier) + 0.05), true)

Last edited:
Level 13
Yeah, Idk if the only way is to edit them through CommandFunc.txt. If you can mess with them inside of WE I'd like to figure out how.

Level 13
Oh are they really? Like in the abilities tab? I was just curious with that :p My real question was the follow up one xD

Level 24
Maybe I get it from a different point of view.
They are not shown in the object editor because it is useless to change their properties.
However, you can change their hotkey, location in the UI, title, tooltip, icon, etc via the CommandFunc.txt and CommandStrings.txt
You can find some information about them if you search those terms on google.

About the custom scripts...
They should work.

Level 13
Thanks for answering. Yeah it seems the custom script would work to me too. Ah well.

Yeah I figured the only way to edit them was through text files in the map mpq.

Edit; I didn't explain what im trying to do with the custom script.
I set the Multiplier in a separate action because I'm multiplying it to current str and current agi (just noting for efficiency)
I am trying to have the multiplier x stat of hero, only converting it to integer after that operation is complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.