• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How to make a unit not react on spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How do I make a unit do nothing when a specific spell is cast on it, I have a spell which is invisible and is not about to be detected by the target..
In my case, when the caster starts the effect of an ability, the target attacks him even though the caster is way further than the acqusition range.

Does the spell do any damage or add a negative effect/buff? From what I can remember Wc3 interprets that the same as an attack, and you will get aggro. I think maybe using a "positive" spell with allowed targets "enemy" as a dummy-ability could solve your problem. Not sure if that is the issue though, just a guess.
More details about the problem could help us understand more and be of more help.

Level 11
Hmm, the positive spell looks like it will do, dammit I have to change base ability now, btw, the spell does no damage, applies no buffs and that stuff, it's just a dummy spell, which activates a triggered spell..

Level 37
Hmm, the positive spell looks like it will do, dammit I have to change base ability now, btw, the spell does no damage, applies no buffs and that stuff, it's just a dummy spell, which activates a triggered spell..

I just ran a test on a positive spell (Priest - Heal) and enabled enemy units, but the unit still attacked me :/ which spell did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.