• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make frost effects to extinguish fiery effects and vice-versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that frost effects, attacks and spells do not extinguish fiery effects, attacks and spells and vice versa in normal Warcraft game. I attempted but no hope.

To make things easier, I would like to have easy triggers and easy system to classify frost, fiery and bloodfiery (special fire that does not hurt friendly units) effects.

Like in Plants vs Zombies, Jalapeno extinguishes Snowballs and unfreezes those who can survive it and the fireball and snowpea extinguishes each other's effects.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
well there is no built in feature for that, and you can't detect the effect of anything ingame unless it's a custom recourse.

You'd have to make an array with every spell that uses a frost effect and another array for fire spells and after that try to detect if they touch each other.

To be completely honest, it's very hard to tell you a way to do this since I don't know what kind of spells you use, is it only AOE spells, etc?

well there is no built in feature for that, and you can't detect the effect of anything ingame unless it's a custom recourse.

You'd have to make an array with every spell that uses a frost effect and another array for fire spells and after that try to detect if they touch each other.

To be completely honest, it's very hard to tell you a way to do this since I don't know what kind of spells you use, is it only AOE spells, etc?

thanks
btw, it includes all kind of spells. can you show example? i'm just intermediate person...

Level 26
You have to define exactly what an effect is (to mark it as being of an element), what extinguishing does, how the contact of the effects look like. If you develop a common system, you can use it. Otherwise everything is individual and therefore requires individual treatment.

In Wc3, there are no frost/fire abilities. I mean the source code does not have any such classification. It's mere visuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.