• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Custom Tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Do you mean use a different set of tiles that are already in the game or add completely new tiles?

If you just want to change the tiles you are using, at the top of the editor, go to:
Advanced -> modify tileset

Level 11
If you already have a custom tile model:
- import it

If you don't have a custom tile model and you want to make your own:
- download a Model Editor
- download a Warcraft 3 Viewer
- extract an existing tile and edit it in some program (photoshop, adobe illustrator, etc.)
- convert the file back to .blp I guess, but I'm not sure, (use the extension of the file you extract and edit)
- import it

Level 12
No I mean, you need something like Microsoft Excel Editor to edit .slk files, an MPQ editor to open WarCraft III's MPQ's and extract Terrain.slk, and modify that Terrain.slk, and stick it back into your WC3's MPQ. Next time you open up your World Editor, you'll see the new tiles. Or, in theory anyway.

It's of course a bit more complicated then that, but that's the basis of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.