• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to import skins in a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I have a .mdx model but it has no proper skin. I checked it using warcraft viewer and the only skin that it uses is
Textures\CityStructures.blp
I have its 7 skins in .png format and its alpha channels are also separated and in .png format too.
I don't know how to combine the skins and its alpha channels and put it into the model?

Can anyone help me?

Level 12
skins should be in .blp format that is what WC uses. you need for example BLPLab (can find here on hive) that can convert those png's to blp.

after that with a model editor( I am not familiar with wc viewer, I use Magos' Model Editor) import the texture (converted skins) to the model and assign it to the materials

Edit: what kind of "skins" do you have? just to be straight

Level 12
first put all the skins you have in one image.. now you have 2 choises

1. using a model editor (i use milkshape) u have to reassign the model on how the skin will fit it.

2. you carefully combine the images you have just like the original skin is.
for that you need to look at the original skin the model has and place every piece you have in parts now exactly the same and the final emage needs to be the same in size as well.

maybe a 3rd option to make a request about this:)

Status
Not open for further replies.