• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you organize your triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
You simply put them in different folders. Here's how I do:
General - general stuff like starting resources/units, variables that have to be set on start, player leaving triggers and so on
Messages/Commands - informative messages and commands (multiplayer)
Gameplay - events during the game, win/lose triggers etc.
Leaderboard/Multiboard
Abilities
AI

You just group triggers by their function so you can easily find them when you need.

Level 12
Is there a way to have subfolders? It always bugged me that I can't.

I have them organised in folders (though some of it is kind of poorly organised). It at least cuts them into chunks of code like Hero abilities, Boss abilities, initialization, player message commands... etc

I've lately been trying to keep it cleaner, so what I've been doing is adding comments (there is a button beside the Create New Trigger button) and using those to mark sections. It's basically like --- Hero Name --- and then the triggers related to that hero. This was my solution to lack of subfolders.

Level 11
Like this mate xD

242466-albums7844-picture98430.png

Level 15
I think the problem was that my scripts were all in the same. For example I had a "city" trigger containing 5-7 very different triggers all related to a city-unit.

Now I just made a city-category instead: and each trigger is on its own. Like sylvie suggested. Don't know why I put everything into a single 'trigger' before. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.