• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] how can i create a captureable horse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
i am working on a 7 day project and one of the things i want is a capturable horse. i tried the riderless horse but every time i test it it is there but untargetable. i want to capture it with the charm ability without it affecting other units. please help me out.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Doesn't this require a simple trigger ?

Event: A unit starts/ finishes casting an ability
Condition: Ability being casted = xyz
Action: Change owner of target ability being casted on to owner of casting unit

Then you have tamed it and you control it, that's what you want to achieve, isn't it ?
I don't know the exact trigger terms, I am sorry.

EDIT:
i can neither attack it nor use charm on it. any attempts to attack it just targets the ground below it and nothing happens if i try charm
This means the spell cannot target the horse -> either change the allowed targets of the spell or change the categories the horse is targeted as.
With this, you can pick a unique category that you don't use for any other unit to achieve your desired only castable on horse.

Level 21
i made sure that the spell and horse had the same target name. first i tried invulnerable, then i tried hero, then i tried ancient, neither of them worked. i want the horse to have a unique target that prevents the ability from targeting any other units. could there be somthing wrong with the riderless horse that i need to edit?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

As Maker said, we can help you efficiently if you post a test map.

Test map: A map that only contain the required units and the spell.

I am confident we find the solution after you posted it here.

Level 25
The problem is in the flags you set in the "Combat - Targeted as" field for the horse unit. AFAIK unit has to be either ground or air, then additional flags can be add (such as ancient, etc.). You removed ground flag, so I guess the game didn't react to the unit then.

Status
Not open for further replies.