• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide text message from Chatlog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everybody ;)

I am actually trying a map of the same kind of Mafia ( the map made by Dark.revenant) and for that i need to do my own chat. I already found a wayt to remove the player chat from both the screen and the chatlog and i replaced it by text message.

Unfortunatly, when people send a message which should be received only by one other people, this message is put on the chatlog as well and everybody can read it !

How can i fix that ? i know it is possible, Dark.revenant made it ! xD
Thank you a lot for reading me ( i know it can be hard sometime xD )

Level 9
I already found a wayt to remove the player chat from both the screen and the chatlog and i replaced it by text message.

this message is put on the chatlog as well and everybody can read it !

So, you didn't remove it from the chatlog, and that's what you're asking? How to remove the text players type from the chatlog?

Here is a possiblity, but in this Mafia map if you press SHIFT-ENTER does it still not show in the chat log? I was thinking maybe he has it set to Send to Observers by default.

Level 2
Well i actually succeded to hide the CHAT message, and replaced it by Game Text message ( Game - Send text message to (player) )

so we cant see the text typed by players , but we still can see the Text sent by trigger if u see what i mean ;)

so i try to remove the text sent by trigger from the chatlog

Level 2
Yes mooglefrooglian i already did this tutorial and that is how i hide the PLAYER chat , and i replaced it by a GAME TEXT message. but the Chatlog show All game text message. show you some image for you to see what i am trying to say ;)

Here you can see an image of My chatlog, as you can see nobody sent any Chat message, but the chatlog show ALL the text message i send by trigger.

On the mafia map of Dark.Revenant, the chat log is empty, and that is what i want to have. ( Or no chat log at all ... even better xD )

Attachments

• Chatlog mine.JPG
    Chatlog mine.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 197
Level 2
up ;) i really need help , this is the last detail i need to solve before launching the alpha test, i keep searching any way of course but for now i didnt find even the begining of an idea.

Thanks in advance

Level 2
Well yea , my bad, i done this tutorial but i done it wrong because i was changing the playername again after lol..

Anyway thank you verry much, problem solved.

Level 13
I used The Helper's tutorial for hiding the chat. I already knew how to hide the chat, but things like the chat log and such were addressed in that tutorial.

If there's anything else you want to know, I can supply information or the unprotected code to Mafia...

Status
Not open for further replies.