[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Modding > World Editor Help Zone

World Editor Help Zone Ask general questions about World Editor features and use in this forum. If you need help fixing a trigger, please post it in Triggers & Scripts. Please review the forum rules before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

defskull has a brilliant future (1383)defskull has a brilliant future (1383)defskull has a brilliant future (1383)defskull has a brilliant future (1383)
Zephyr Contest #9 - Winner: Stringed Shuriken: An assassin is always working like a trickster. This entry proves the theory, as defskull managed to integrate the fictional lore of the human legacy into a single, virtual ability. Strike fast, die instantly! 
"Hide" Ability - Retain Cooldown

Now I know you can hide an ability from the unit's UI by using Player - Enable/Disable Ability function BUT, when we use this, this function will apply to all units of that Player, which is not what I wanted.

I wanted to hide the ability (and still retain its cooldown) for a single unit.

Now I heard you can hide a Channel ability by setting its level to max+1 which will hide the ability.

This of course, can affect single unit but the problem is, the cooldown is not retained.

How can I hide a unit's ability while retaining its cooldown ?
SYSTEMS: Custom Stats | Rank | Timed SFX | Income Generator | Spell Power | Item Weight | Jump | Item Bound | Item Durability | Squad Formation | Decelerating Knockback | Lightning Handling | Temporary Ability | Personal Inventory

There are A LOT of differences between Spell Eye-candy Contest and Spell Functionality Contest.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Maker
I...make things

Resource Moderator

Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)
Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. 
The cooldown is retained with the Channel trick. Make the last level hidden.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

defskull has a brilliant future (1383)defskull has a brilliant future (1383)defskull has a brilliant future (1383)defskull has a brilliant future (1383)
Zephyr Contest #9 - Winner: Stringed Shuriken: An assassin is always working like a trickster. This entry proves the theory, as defskull managed to integrate the fictional lore of the human legacy into a single, virtual ability. Strike fast, die instantly! 
If I make it that way, won't last level can still be leveled by the unit ?
Therefore, losing Skill Point ?
SYSTEMS: Custom Stats | Rank | Timed SFX | Income Generator | Spell Power | Item Weight | Jump | Item Bound | Item Durability | Squad Formation | Decelerating Knockback | Lightning Handling | Temporary Ability | Personal Inventory

There are A LOT of differences between Spell Eye-candy Contest and Spell Functionality Contest.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User WaterKnight
User

WaterKnight is a splendid one to behold (937)WaterKnight is a splendid one to behold (937)WaterKnight is a splendid one to behold (937)WaterKnight is a splendid one to behold (937)
Merit Badge - Level 0: Shadow Dancer: This user has been effectively reporting material that was proved to be useful for the moderating team. 
No. The hero skill menu allows you only to learn the next level of the ability. If you set the current one to the last, nothing follows after that.

For non-channel-based spells look at my signature.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Maker
I...make things

Resource Moderator

Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)Maker has been here far too long (2905)
Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. 
Learning an ability event can be caught with triggers. The level can be decremented and the skill point can be given back if you need that.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

Quote:
Learning an ability event can be caught with triggers. The level can be decremented and the skill point can be given back if you need that.
Sorry for late reply.

But won't this look "ridiculous" to end user to see "Hey, I can still level up this ability, let's see what it does", BOOM !
Nothing happens and you have an extra 1 Skill Point in your Hero UI.
It would defeat the "background process" purpose.

I'd try to stick with WaterKnight's ANeg solution.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User pOke
User

pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)
WaterKnights trick is very useful, however could you possibly just use a dummy spell based on channel with visible off to level up your ability? When dummy ability is leveled up, if level is less than 1, add real, otherwise skill up. And then just set the ability to max+1 TO hide real ability? That way you would never see it in the skill tree?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

Quote:
WaterKnights trick is very useful, however could you possibly just use a dummy spell based on channel with visible off to level up your ability? When dummy ability is leveled up, if level is less than 1, add real, otherwise skill up. And then just set the ability to max+1 TO hide real ability? That way you would never see it in the skill tree?
As I have explained this situation in my previous post.

The levelling of the spell would be messed up.
Also, the damage of the spell will also be messed up if the spell uses current level of the ability's level as point of reference such as damage, aoe, duration, etc.

Let me try to rephrase your statement.

You mean if your spell has 4 levels, you should make it as 5 levels, as last level would be the hidden visibility, right ?
So, if you have levelled up that ability up until Level 4, and you have 1 more Skill Point to use, when you open the Level Up Ability window, you will see that it has extra level - thus ruining the process.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User pOke
User

pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)pOke has a spectacular aura about (133)
Oh my mistake, I was under the impression that if Channel had visibility off at a certain level you wouldn't be able to see it for that level in the skillup menu.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User defskull
ϟƘƦƖ|ןΣ✘

Its visibility takes effect in unit's basic command card, but not in Skill Ability Window.

Closed Thread