• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero selection with double click?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok, so i've come across a game that had a unique way of selecting hero, using double click, im wondering if any one can help me with this sort of hero selection, im trying to impliment it into my map, the heroes are standing around a campfire sorta like on diablo 2 selection screen, and i need help with the triggers

This thread has helped 1 person!
If this thread helped you, [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=685634"]post a comment[/self].

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Check the ExtremeCandywars map, because it has the same exact way of picking heroes. This trigger is a rough way of doing it (it could be alot better but i dont have the time to make it perfectly), when double clicking any hero owned by red, it will create it.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Triggering unit) Equal to selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering unit)) + has been chosen.)
              • Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 2
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) for (Triggering player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Set selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 0
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering unit)) + has been selected. Click again to choose.)
          • Set selected_hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
          • Set HasSelected[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 1
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.