• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Line of Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ey, I got a problemo....i set 1 of my custom heroe's line of sight(both day and night) to 1400 but this will last only until next day comes.....than it sets to about 600, than it will never return to 1400 (not even next night). Any help appreciated. THX

Level 15
First solution I can think of, is to use a periodic visibility modifier that moves with the unit wherever it goes, maybe it lags, but who knows ?

• Events
    • Time - Every 0.4 game time seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Visibility - Destroy VisibilityModifier
    • Set SightPoint = (Position Of 'your unit')
    • Visibility - Create a visibility modifier starting by SightPoint of radius 1400 with visibility
    • VisibilityModifier = (Last Created Visibility Modifier)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SightPoint)
    • Custom script: set udg_SightPoint = null
Second solution, create a dummy unit with a 1400 line of sight. Move it wherever the other unit goes. Otherwise add to him a visibility spell ( I don't know which for now, but maybe True Sight works)

Third theory, check other options, is there anything to reset Line of sight ? Maybe yes, that's what I suppose.

EDIT:
P.s: There is an ability that gives Sight Radius Bonus , called Sight Radius Bonus, it's an item ability. Try to add 800 bonus ability since your returns 600 and you need 1400. All you need to do is to configure ability ( 600 thingy ) and then make 'Item Ability = False' and add it to your unit in his default abilities ( Or add it via triggers if you want to remove and add radius x) )

P.s: There are also upgrades of sight radius bonus... :)
They may all help you out

Level 12
While jonhysone is throwing in random stuff that might help, we should focus on the actual problem as this should not happen. Can you upload your map or a testmap depicting the issue?

Level 14
While jonhysone is throwing in random stuff that might help, we should focus on the actual problem as this should not happen. Can you upload your map or a testmap depicting the issue?

Agreed. If you set the LOS for your unit to be 1400 for both day and night that should work. There must be something else going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.