• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Hero gains way too much xp after lv 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, everybody.
At first, i have to say that i'm not an expert with WE, so my question might be a bit dumb. However, i browsed the internet for a solution for hours and did not find anything. I did not open every thread on hiveworkshop, but i could not find a thread dealing with this problem.

I'm talking too much, here it is:

I created a map with a single hero and creeps on it. After i kill the first 4 creeps (which give the normal amount of xp) i get to lv 2. After that, I get way too much xp. 1 creep of the same unit type now gives enougn xp to get me instantly lv 3 (half lv 4).
All the other creeps give also way too much xp now.

I dont know why this happens or how to solve the problem. I dont know if this may help you, but here is what i changed in the Gameplay-constants:

- Hero XP needed: level factor to 0
- Hero XP needed: table to 100
- Hero XP needed: prev. value factor to 1.2

- Unit Max lv to 30

- Hero XP gained: summoned Units Factor to 0
- Hero XP gained: Hero: lv factor to 0

- Hero XP gained: Hero reduction table to 100

also some stuff regarding the day time and Hero-stats, but i dont think this will help you.

Hope you understand my problem. I had to translate everyting intoo English cause you cant turn the we into english (-_- lol, Blizzard?).

Anyway, i would be really grateful if you could help me with this, i really dont know what to do anymore.

Level 2
i'm very curious about the reason why this happens. i have a map where heroes gain 130% even if i reset gameplay constants to default & delete all trigger data. And it's only this one map, no others have this problem. Of course i just set experience rate to 0.77 at initialization to fix it and that works but i'm still really curious, if anyone knows...

Level 1
If I am right, Lvl 2 requires 120 TOTAL exp and (120-100)=20 next-level exp. Try to set Hero XP Needed: Constant factor to 100, TOTAL exp needed will become 100\220\364... while next-level exp will become 100\120\144...

Level 1
If I am right, Lvl 2 requires 120 TOTAL exp and (120-100)=20 next-level exp. Try to set Hero XP Needed: Constant factor to 100, TOTAL exp needed will become 100\220\364... while next-level exp will become 100\120\144...

ermahgerfd thats totally it, thank you, man!
didnt know it worked that way...
as you said i might use triggers in the future for stuff like this bt for now, just thank you really much^^ :ogre_datass:

Status
Not open for further replies.