• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me with Destructible. (Tree)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I can't seem to find any GOOD info or understandable information from google on how to make a tree "Harvest-able Forever and Destroy-able in a single hit" anyone got any ideas on how to do this? :confused:

I don't know how to make them because I'm just a bit experienced world editor user. And I'm trying to learn.

Level 22
If i got it correctly, trees can be destroyed when you harvest them because harvest itself causes damage to the tree. You can prevent them to be destroyed by changing the value inside the object editor "Data - Damage to tree " to 0 for the harvest ability. And you can just make the hit points of the tree to 1 so they can be destroy-able in a single hit.

The only GUI destructible event is 'A Destructible dies.' So we can revive it instantly and it will look like it never died, but how to we make it know when to die when it is attacked?

For this we can check the killing unit's current order. If it is (harvest) or (return lumber) then we know it was killed while being harvested. If it is anything else, then we know it was attacked.

Are you still with me?

Level 2
If i got it correctly, trees can be destroyed when you harvest them because harvest itself causes damage to the tree. You can prevent them to be destroyed by changing the value inside the object editor "Data - Damage to tree " to 0 for the harvest ability. And you can just make the hit points of the tree to 1 so they can be destroy-able in a single hit.
Hey, I did the thing u said but the limit for damage to tree is "1" so I can't seem to change it to "0".

Status
Not open for further replies.