• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help: "Map file unable to open"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, when I was about to continue developing my map (loading the map, I mean), out of the blue it says

"Unable to load (insert map path name here) Map file unable to open"

or something like that.

Everything's normal before that happened. I didn't change the filename, didn't change the path of the map (there are cases that doing these will prevent the map from opening).

Please, I really need your help here. I've been working on my map for five days and it would be a waste if I have to start it all over again T^T

Hope the Hive will help me solve my problem ^_^

Level 3
Uploading...

Mind sharing it here?

I'm quite reluctant to upload it if then it will be my first time to upload so it might take a while.

Did you import a model prior to the issue?

I have imported the models just before I start 'terraining' (or what you call it) Halfway from my terraining, I put some doodads and place the units afterwards. Most of the units and buildings are custom units (what I mean is that the model files are imported).

Most likely corrupted. Upload the map anyway. Check for backups. If you are using JNGP, there is the backups folder it manages. Otherwise there is only the copy it makes when testing the map in Maps\Test.

What's JNGP??? hahaha I'm still new to the world editor but I hope it's not corrupted or else all of my work will be wasted T^T There is no copy of it at the Maps/Test folder. That sucks...

Are there any ideas how to solve this problem? I'm going to upload the map anyway, see if you can open it...

Hope my response gets a clearer picture of what happened. :)

EDIT: HOLD IT! As a honest (and a practitioner of law haha) prinny I am, I didn't upload the map because one of the rules is:

Make sure it works.
No works in progress.

So... I don't want to kicked out or what because i uploaded a non-functioning map. Call me neurotic, but I want to be on safer side.

And also, I suspect that the problem is because I have imported a corrupt model file into the map, so I check it using the mpqmaster. Unfortunately, it says "Error opening archive" as I open the map. Now I feel hopeless..... -___-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.