• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
[SOLVED] Heal

Hi,
If i take a priest and increase the cooldown of his autocast heal he will stand idle until the cooldown is ready again (after casting heal the first time).
i want him to attack until the cooldown is ready again without using any triggers. is there a object editor trick for that?

thanks

Last edited:
Level 12
Either replace with Holy Light or if you need it to be auto cast-able: another Auto Cast, say frost shield, change it's buff duration to 0.01 and heal through trigger instead. Note that they'd be "healing" even though the units are at full health and probably won't "Heal" if the units are injured but out of combat.

As a 3rd solution: You could maybe remove the ability after it's used and add another heal ability with a longer cooldown, after a timer expires or an integer reaches the desired value or something, remove the second heal with the longer cooldown and add the old heal again.

Level 12
You can order the priest to un-autocast heal whenever it's cast, then wait X seconds of game time and order it to autocast heal again. This will ensure perfect fluidity.

The command strings are healon and healoff, or if you prefer integers for orders you can use 852064 for on and 852065 for off.

So if I get it right then the reason why they idle while waiting for the cooldown is that autocast it toggled?

Do you happen to know if it's the same with undead obsidian destroyer replenish?

Status
Not open for further replies.