• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Getting rid of 'PRESS ANY KEY', and a question related to Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi people,

I am, again, tired of searching through Google. I'd just ask a question in here.

So , as the title says, how to get rid of that message 'PRESS ANY KEY TO START' , after the loading screen? It's just annoying to make players wait others to press keys :)

The other question that's related to custom destructible, I have imported a model of a tree, but it seems like it doesn't show in the fog, it must lighted and in sight to see it, but no one can see it without vision ( No Fog Display )

Is it a default of Warcraft ? Or just graphics problem? Or I have to check something in Object Editor ?

I will check my graphics options later though.

Thanks, +REP :p

Level 3
To get rid of the "PRESS ANY KEY TO START", you could do the following.
Step 1: Create a .txt file with the following text:
"[FrameDef]
LOADING_LOADING= L O A D I N G
LOADING_PRESS_A_KEY= PRESS ANY KEY TO START
LOADING_WAITING_FOR_PLAYERS= WAITIING FOR OTHER PLAYERS"
Step 2: Edit to whatever.
Step 3: Import to "war3mapSkin.txt" in import manager

WARNING: If you do this, all changes you made in Advanced>Game Interface will be set to default.

This is for editing it, don't really know if you can remove it entirely though.

EDIT: Realised that was not what you were asking for, lol.
I think there is something like:
On map init
Force player to press some key...
Might solve the problem, Idk.
Worth a shot.

Level 15
What do you mean by 'Custom loading screen with a description' ?
Do you mean 'LoadingScreen.mdx' thingy, yep I did of course but no thing. I think I have to switch to Starcraft after all :p

I think there is something like:
On map init
Force player to press some key...
Might solve the problem, Idk.
Worth a shot

Yep I tried all things googled but nothing seems to work either :S

Level 25
Well if you have ZERO custom text in your loading screen, then there shouldn't be a "press key to start" for the players.

So if you want a description for the players at startup, use a custom loading screen and have no text in the title, subtitle and description.

Level 3
Well if you have ZERO custom text in your loading screen, then there shouldn't be a "press key to start" for the players.

So if you want a description for the players at startup, use a custom loading screen and have no text in the title, subtitle and description.

The "press key to start" is pretty much always there. I never use the editor text, subtitle and description, yet it almost always occurs on my maps.

Randomly it isn't there, but I really can't tell why.

@OP > If the earlier mentioned things did not work, I don't know what to tell you man. Am at my computer now, so will take a look at it :)
I have seen this question a trillion times, yet it seems that the same answers keeps coming up, yet none of them does the trick.
Could be awesome if this got solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.