• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gameplay Constants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I'm currently changing some of the fields inside ''Gameplay Constants'' and I have a question regarding ''Combat-Damage Bonus Table''. What value should I put in order for the armor to reduce an attack?

Example is:

A Piercing Attack Type unit attacks a Large Armor Type unit, what value should I put to reduced the Piercing Attack Type by 1% or any value?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

When you set it to 1.00, it deals full damage, so you should put Piercing Attack to deal, for example, 0.90 damage to Large Armor, in order to reduce it's effect.

Level 13
When you set it to 1.00, it deals full damage, so you should put Piercing Attack to deal, for example, 0.90 damage to Large Armor, in order to reduce it's effect.

So putting 1 will deal full damage, no extra and reduced damage right? Putting 90 will reduced its damage to 90% am I right?

Level 24
So putting 1 will deal full damage, no extra and reduced damage right? Putting 90 will reduced its damage to 90% am I right?

Reducing to 0.90 is, increasing to 90 will result in 9000% dmg.

This is an example of Factor rather than percentage.
The Actual damage = Damage * Factor.
If factor = 1, then the damage is not modified.
If factor = 0, then it deals no damage.
You can do the rest.

Level 23
basically, say how many percents do you want the type of armor to TAKE(so 100 - how much to REDUCE), and then divide this number by 100, and insert it in.

Lets say I want heavy armor reduce piercing damage by 60%.
100 - 60 = 40% dmg taken.
40/100 = 0.4 modifier.

Insert 0.4 into the table

Status
Not open for further replies.