[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Modding > World Editor Help Zone

World Editor Help Zone Ask general questions about World Editor features and use in this forum. If you need help fixing a trigger, please post it in Triggers & Scripts. Please review the forum rules before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Drazhar
Just a lone outcast.

Drazhar has little to show at this moment (17)Drazhar has little to show at this moment (17)
Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.

Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.
Please make sure your game is correctly installed, and that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, and try again.

Okay so I go to try load Frozen throne today and this comes up, I tried reinstalling the game and it didnt help. I have no idea what caused this, I was playing warcraft last night and didnt add anything before I went to bed, the last thing I did was played a custom game which i've played multiple times before... How did this happen? More importantly, how do I fix it :(

Edit: my game is an official version. I've troubled-shooted this on google and found a few solutions but none have helped so far, such as the installation of vcerdist_86 - which im not even sure is actually installing because it get's to the "Gathering Information" bar, sits there for a like 20 seconds and then just closes, so i'm unsure if it's even sucessfully installed or not.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Bond009
Power User

Bond009 has a spectacular aura about (140)Bond009 has a spectacular aura about (140)Bond009 has a spectacular aura about (140)Bond009 has a spectacular aura about (140)
what patch version are you on?

if its messed up try reinstalling it once more and dl this from here and install the patch
http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21222

also what OS are you using?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Drazhar
Just a lone outcast.

Drazhar has little to show at this moment (17)Drazhar has little to show at this moment (17)
Thank you for responding Bond009. I actually managed to fix it. After uninstalling and reinstalling and installing other crap to try and fix it I realised that after I installed the game (for the third time) and tried to launch it, my firewall subtley says down the bottom of my screen "Threat detected: removing War3.exe." I was like, "oh you son of a bitch" The oddest thing is though that it decided to do that today, it's never done it before. The firewall I use is AVG, which is usually pretty reliable and it doesn't usually remove something without asking first, It also would remove it even after I tried 'restoring' it and opening warcraft again. So in my rage I planned on uninstalling AVG completely but my gf suggested turning off it's ability to scan exe files, this will leave me a bit vulnerable to them but as long as I dont go around double clicking sketchy looking links I should be fine. Either way, i'm relieved that it's fixed and thank you for your help + rep. So if anyone else has this problem try looking at your virus scanner, i'm not sure why mine decided today that warcraft was a threat but it may help to know that they can do.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Crazed_seal2
Alone? Perfect >:D

Crazed_seal2 is a jewel in the rough (178)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
Thank you for responding Bond009. I actually managed to fix it. After uninstalling and reinstalling and installing other crap to try and fix it I realised that after I installed the game (for the third time) and tried to launch it, my firewall subtley says down the bottom of my screen "Threat detected: removing War3.exe." I was like, "oh you son of a bitch" The oddest thing is though that it decided to do that today, it's never done it before. The firewall I use is AVG, which is usually pretty reliable and it doesn't usually remove something without asking first, It also would remove it even after I tried 'restoring' it and opening warcraft again. So in my rage I planned on uninstalling AVG completely but my gf suggested turning off it's ability to scan exe files, this will leave me a bit vulnerable to them but as long as I dont go around double clicking sketchy looking links I should be fine. Either way, i'm relieved that it's fixed and thank you for your help + rep. So if anyone else has this problem try looking at your virus scanner, i'm not sure why mine decided today that warcraft was a threat but it may help to know that they can do.
Go to Resident Shield
> Exceptions
Add the path of your Warcraft 3 Directory.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User miyagi
User

miyagi is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Same problem.

Same Problem

The AVG fix worked.

Much Love Guys
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Drazhar
Just a lone outcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_seal2 View Post
Go to Resident Shield
> Exceptions
Add the path of your Warcraft 3 Directory.
Thank you very much :)