• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying height - How the effff is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
So, I created some unit, played around a bit with it's flying height and noticed that suddenly, the units kept spawning at a certain height, no matter if I changed anything about the height

Looking at the tentacle, you can clearly see that it floats..
attachment.php

The funny thing is that I've set it's height to 0 and disabled all height-affecting stuff.

Either I'm dumb and don't see my mistake or it's some sort of bug

Rewards:
Pie - 4 pieces

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070609_194002_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070609_194002_01.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 268
Level 13
maybe post a screenshot of object editor, i guess yours is in german, but you could mark the height parts, also some people (like me) know german.
parts you should be sure you checked them:
Movement - Height: 0
Movement - minimal height: 0
Movement - Type: anything but flying

Level 28
Movement - Height: 0
Movement - minimal height: 0
Movement - Type: anything but flying

All checked

did u forget to reset the flying height back to nada? nada is 0
no

Any triggers?
JASS:
scope TentacleAttack initializer Init

globals
        private constant integer SPELLID = 'A000'        //This is the spell's id
        private constant string EFFPATH = "Objects\\Spawnmodels\\Human\\HumanBlood\\BloodElfSpellThiefBlood.mdl"
        private constant string EFFPATH2 = "Objects\\Spawnmodels\\Undead\\ImpaleTargetDust\\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl"
        private constant integer DUMMYID = 'n000'        //Here, we aet the dummy WITHOUT the attack which impales the enemy
        private constant integer DUMMYID2 = 'n001'       //Now we set the dummy WITH attack which rapes the target
        private constant real DURATION = 7               //Here goes the duration of the spell
        private constant real FLYHEIGHT = 400            //Flying height to which the target is changed
        private constant real RANDOM_MIN_X = 0           //Those are the random values for the tentacles' placement
        private constant real RANDOM_MAX_X = 500
        private constant real RANDOM_MIN_Y = 0
        private constant real RANDOM_MAX_Y = 500
        private constant real RANDOM_MIN_ANG = 0
        private constant real RANDOM_MAX_ANG = 360
        private constant real FALLRATE = 4000            //And here's the speed at which the target falls down
    endglobals

private struct tentacle                              //We define all values which we need for the second part of the spell
        unit target
        integer i
        real tx
        real ty
        integer index
        player p
    endstruct

private function Conditions takes nothing returns boolean   //First, we check which ability is being cast
        return GetSpellAbilityId() == SPELLID
    endfunction

private function Conditions2 takes nothing returns boolean
        return GetUnitTypeId(GetTriggerUnit()) == DUMMYID       //This is the condition for the second trigger - it checks the type of the dying unit
    endfunction

private function grpenu takes nothing returns boolean       //Group filter to your left checking for the buff 'rape'
        return GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetFilterUnit(), 'B000')>0
    endfunction

private function Tentacles takes nothing returns nothing    //Here we deal with everything aftert the first tentacle is created
        local real x
        local real y
        local real rndx
        local real rndy
        local real rnda
        local unit u2
        local tentacle tc = tentacle(GetTimerData(GetExpiredTimer()))   //we get the data
        set rndx = GetRandomReal(RANDOM_MIN_X, RANDOM_MAX_X)            //Now we create the dummy
        set rndy = GetRandomReal(RANDOM_MIN_Y, RANDOM_MAX_Y)
        set rnda = GetRandomReal(RANDOM_MIN_ANG, RANDOM_MAX_ANG)
        set u2 = CreateUnit(tc.p, DUMMYID2, (tc.tx + rndx*Cos((rnda)*bj_DEGTORAD)), tc.ty + rndy*Sin((rnda)*bj_DEGTORAD), rnda)
        call IssueTargetOrder(u2, "attack", tc.target)                  //We order it to attack the target
        call UnitApplyTimedLife(u2, 'BTLF', DURATION)
        call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect(EFFPATH2, GetUnitX(u2), GetUnitY(u2)))            //And add an effect
//        call SetUnitFlyHeight(u2, 0, 400)
        set tc.index = tc.index+1                                       //To limit the number of dummies, we set the maximum to lvl*3
        if tc.i == tc.index then
            call ReleaseTimer(GetExpiredTimer())
            call tc.destroy()
        endif
        set u2 = null
    endfunction

private function Actions takes nothing returns nothing               //Here's the first part which creates the impaling tentacle
        local unit caster = GetTriggerUnit()
        local unit u
        local real x = GetUnitX(caster)
        local real y = GetUnitY(caster)
        local timer t = NewTimer()
        local tentacle tc = tentacle.create()
        call SetTimerData(t, integer(tc))
        set tc.target = GetSpellTargetUnit()
        set tc.tx = GetUnitX(tc.target)
        set tc.ty = GetUnitY(tc.target)
        set tc.i = GetUnitAbilityLevel(caster, SPELLID)*3
        set tc.index = 0
        set tc.p = GetOwningPlayer(caster)
        set u = CreateUnit(tc.p, DUMMYID, tc.tx, tc.ty, 90)
        call UnitApplyTimedLife(u, 'BTLF', DURATION+1.2)
        call UnitAddAbility(tc.target, 'Amrf')                           //We add and remove 'crow form' to the target
        call UnitRemoveAbility(tc.target, 'Amrf')
//        call SetUnitFlyHeight(tc.target, FLYHEIGHT, 700)                 //And make it raise
        call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget(EFFPATH, tc.target, "origin"))
        call TimerStart(t, 0.2, true, function Tentacles)
        call SetUnitAnimation(u, "birth")                                //Now we make the tentacle appear out of the ground and set it's animation speed to 0
//        call SetUnitFlyHeight(u, 0, 800)                                
        call SetUnitTimeScale(u, 0)
        set caster = null
        set u = null
    endfunction

private function Death takes nothing returns nothing                 //The third and last part is to bring the target back to the ground when the first tentacle dies
        local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
        local unit gru
        local real x = GetUnitX(u)
        local real y = GetUnitY(u)
        local group g = CreateGroup()
        call SetUnitTimeScale(u, 1)
        call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(g, x, y, 100, Filter(function grpenu))   //We pick the nearby target which still has the buff 'rape'
        loop
            set gru = FirstOfGroup(g)
            exitwhen gru == null
            call SetUnitFlyHeight(gru, 0, FALLRATE)                         //And bring it down
            call GroupRemoveUnit(g, gru)
        endloop
        call DestroyGroup(g)
        set u = null
    endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
        local trigger t2 = CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
        call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(t2, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH)
        call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function Conditions))
        call TriggerAddCondition(t2, Condition(function Conditions2))
        call TriggerAddAction(t, function Actions)
        call TriggerAddAction(t2, function Death)
    endfunction
endscope

Now the weird thing is that it happens at some areas of my testmap, while at others, it doesn't - and the terrain height is the same at both areas

Oh yeah,
JASS:
call BjDebugMsg(R2S(GetUnitFlyHeight(u)))
outputs 0.010

Level 9
since i can read jass, i'll look through your trigger for you. it might be because during a flying height change, the unit is removed from the trigger. add a condition to wait untill the unit's height is 0 and THEN remove it from the group. that might work, as my jass reading skills are limited

Level 16
I had same bug. It happens when your unit has ''Fly'' movement. Change it to ''Hover'' and it won't bug.

Movement Fly allows units to walk on rocks, cliffs, trees etc... If esnt ypur dummy to be placeable on ''Unwalkable'' pathings, set it's collision size to 0.

60151d1247212858-flying-height-how-the-effff-is-this-possible-hover.jpg
Fly Movement
Hover Movement

Attachments

• Hover.JPG
    Hover.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.