• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] A few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
A few things I'd like to ask the Hive...
Is there a way to make custom skills based on "Item Attack Fire Bonus" (etc.) show an icon on the command card? (I haven't found a "show icon" option in the Object editor yet...)

Or

Is there a way to make Searing Arrows (etc.) work with a melee attack? It seems like it should but it doesn't. (Missile attacks only?)

I can use either option, but Attack Bonus-based skills won't show an icon, and element Arrows skills don't seem to work with melee.

Level 25
Attack Bonus - no, some spells are set to show no icon. Afaik there is no way to make them show.

Searing Arrows - works only with projectiles.

A way around is to use dummy ability which acts as the spell and can be for example leveled up, while the actual spell is leveled up through triggers.
For example Demon Hunter's Evasion skill can serve as such ability. You just have to null all the dodge chance values.

Level 4
Oh.

I thought it might be like that, but I was hoping not. I do know a few work-arounds, I was just hoping it could be done the easy way, with just a custom ability.:goblin_cry:

EDIT: What does the "Enabled Attack Index" control? What happens if I set it to 0?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.