• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extension - Edit Tileset does nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I know a lot of people have had problems with getting their extra tilesets to work in JNGP. I understand that I would just pick the ones I want and press ok and then exit and restart. My problem is that when I choose Edit Tileset nothing happens... at all. Nothing comes up that would allow me to choose any tiles. It's as if I didn't do anything at all.

I have reinstalled JNGP numerous times and meticulously followed the installation and configuration instructions. But it still doesn't work. I have gone this far without adding any extra tiles, but it would sure make things handy if I could actually use this feature.

Also, in the configuration instructions it says to check Disable rtc in Reinventing the Craft, but the menu says enable rtc instead... so should I uncheck it. Is this the wrong version (5d) I don't know what the hell is wrong. It is mildly frustrating to say the least.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched all over for the answer and all I keep finding is people that had trouble saving the tiles they wanted rather than actually not being able to choose any at all.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

It is a problem that happens to everyone when they try 2 edit the tileset of the default opened map in JNGP. To make it work first u have 2 open a map and then extensions>Edit tileset

So the steps are..

1. Open JNGP
2. Open a map and do NOT try to edit the tileset of the already opened map.
3. Extensions» Edit tilesets

Hope that helped.

Level 14
I will test this out, are you saying that I need to try to edit the tileset before doing anything else as soon as I open a map?

Level 14
No that's not it. I only have around 8 - 10 on each map.

@demon_slayer20: I tried opening one of my campaign maps without doing anything else and tried to use extensions> edit tileset. It still did nothing. In fact everything from the Extensions menu between 'Edit Tileset' and Merge Trigger Data' does nothing when I click on it...

Level 13
No that's not it. I only have around 8 - 10 on each map.

Hmm... that's weird it should be as simple like this......

1. Open the map and go to extensions.
2. Click on any tile set to add in you're map.
3. Click OK ( mine autosave when I click OK, but back then when my PC is still old it goes a little different. A script like thing would appear and it loads after that an error will occur )
4. Don't save, just exit then open you're map again and see if the tiles are added.

I haven't experience you're problem before, so I won't be much of a help but I'm trying :vw_sad:

Level 14
I appreciate your suggestions. Hopefully I can get this figured out. It is just really strange that it does nothing at all. I can't even get anything to show up allowing me to select any tiles...

Level 13
I appreciate your suggestions. Hopefully I can get this figured out. It is just really strange that it does nothing at all. I can't even get anything to show up allowing me to select any tiles...

Have you put a check into the ''Enable Local Files'' above the Extensions.

Level 14
I've been doing a bit of research and I think you might be right about the antivirus interfering. I think I'll re-download it and set it to the exempt list again before doing anything else. Hopefully this will solve it. I like your solution of sending it to a friend though. Thanks!

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Yeah.. Most of the antiviruses recognize a file in JNGP as a virus but it is not a virus. Try disabling ur antivirus and redownloading JNGP with anti virus software disabled.

I use K7 total security and it detects a file as virus. Quick heal and Kaspersky also find it a vifus but it is not

Status
Not open for further replies.